03 May, 2013

Snobz Salute!

HARD CANDY

You didn't think we forgot did you? Our Snobz Angels are hard at work tracking down those daring individuals who own their look. We've searched far and wide for this gem, an esteemed blogger and photographer.

Name: Nangi Noruka (@nangi_noruka)
Age: 24
Occupation: Junior Art Director at Zoom Advertising
Motto: If you're not 100% sure, don't buy it/wear it. Being comfortable is the first step to being confident.
Blog: Mannequin Blog (@Mannequin_blog)




















It's so hard for me to put into words what my style is,  I dress according to what I'm feeling, not necessarily what's trending but what I think should be trending. I could, however, use the word "edgy" but in small servings... or boho and maybe even adventurous. I guess this ties in with how I express myself through fashion. Fashion is a daily thing for me, I don't have an off day, so whatever I wear interprets what I'm feeling at that moment. I have my 'feeling pretty' days and 'chilled,more simple' days clean and simple pieces that have a more effortless look. 





















Cape town, for me, is one of  my main
inspirations! I draw inspiration from what is seen around me and the energies I feel.





















At the moment, my most coveted piece of clothing is a vintage black velvet dress I just got. I call it Lana del Ray, it's as smooth as her voice :)













My fashion favourite, that one can never go wrong with, is a leather jacket. Who looks bad in a leather jacket? NO ONE! There are specific shapes for specific bodies and my fave has to be the biker leather jacket, it's a MUST HAVE- it goes with everything! I feel like you can't go wrong in high waisted anything with a pretty blouse, and guys, make chino's your best bro. 





















The Olsen twins have always stayed true to their style through and through and I admire that. They've stayed true to their boho look, they've stuck with it and are still rocking it to this day. I'm a lover of Lisa Bonnet's style, she's amazing, I want to skin her and wear her! She's also got that boho, "I don't-give-a-f*ck-look" about her... ooh and Rihanna just does it for me hey.





























Ulyana Sergeenko... I want to dress more like her as I get older. She has a classic but fun look. I've been trying to dress a little lady like, what attracts me are the beautiful dresses, the classic feminine look. I want to start buying beautiful dresses, heels and coats. Do yourselves a favour and google Ulyana Sergeenko, she epitomises this style and she looks so put together so effortlessly. I wouldn't want to change anything about my style, not to say that it is perfect. I would LOVE to own Jeffrey Campbell Lita's one day. I don't deliberately add things to my style, my style changes with my age and my finances and for the better.















To those still figuring out their style, don't wear every trend out there at the same damn time! That's not unique at all! If you do like a trend, try it out and wear it your own way, also have fun with it and be comfortable. If you can't walk in heels don't wear them, if you can't breath in that dress, don't wear it and if it doesn't feel like you, don't do it!


Find her on Facebook: Mannequin Blog or email mannequinblogg@gmail.com









































2 comments:

  1. Eh, what's going on? Why have you guys gone silent? There have been no postings for over a year! Come on now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years later, still nothing. Come on guys! We need the Sauce!

    ReplyDelete

We want to hear from you, drop us a line or two